The Data Centre Manager is responsible for overseeing the execution of local data centre operations at one or more data centre properties. Data centre operations include, but are not limited to
- Engineering, save and planned operations and core infrastructure maintenance.
- Data centre construction management, commissioning and start-up.
- Delivery of data centre services including colocation, connectivity, raised floor services and deployment
- Installation and management of all cable and network infrastructure supporting facility and customer connectivity
- Technical event management including post-event root cause analysis and infrastructure repair
If the property’s Real Estate Manager is not located at the property, the Data Centre Manager’s responsibilities may also include oversight of general facility operations, including, but not limited to, security, janitorial and other facility management functions.
The Data Centre Manager will have experience in data center electrical, mechanical and network system operations and possess knowledge of large scale data centers, including state-of-the-art electrical distribution systems, static and rotary UPS, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems. In addition, the Data Centre Manager shall participate in the scheduling, coordination and completion all significant planned and emergency maintenance events for the facility and ensure these activities are executed in a controlled and proven method to ensure the reliability of the critical loads supported by these systems.
The Data Centre Manager is ultimately responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing operational strategies to ensure our data centre operations achieve the highest level of availability.
Work closely with departments (customer success, sales engineering, Design & Construct) in our company to support customer in their demands and wishes for changes and expansion.
Have periodic meetings with Regional Manager to discusses on-going works, budget, team performance, customer satisfaction, goals (personal and team), improvements, energy savings etc.
- Execute all aspects of data center operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems supporting a 24×7 data center operation to achieve 100% uptime and 100% compliance with all customer SLAs.
- Be on site first line of support for main customer(s). Make (monthly) reports and send this to customer(s), and internal organization.
- Supervises all construction activity and installations, in coordination with internal and external construction resources, to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operational standards. Witness testing of all equipment during commissioning and validate sequence of operations and receipt of all operational documentation.
- Manages provisioning of data center services including colocation, connectivity, raised floor services, deployment and any additional services to be delivered to data center customers.
- Manages all local customer installations when discussed in SLA. Update in coordination with Sales Engineering, Design & Construction and Colocation Operations to coordinate customer move-ins and turn-ups, including deployments, power circuit installations and connectivity requirements.
- Oversees local installation, assist in maintenance and repair of all network infrastructure supporting all of our and our customer connectivity in coordination with internal IT and network personnel.
- Supervise local engineering team to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures, sequence of operations and maintenance standards to guarantee execution of our periodic maintenance program and maintenance calendar.
- Develop, implement and audit local standard operating procedures, sequence of operations and maintenance standards to be in compliance with our standards and industry best practices.
- Supervise local change management processes including the review and approval of all Method of Procedures (MOPs) for maintenance and one-time/emergency repair events in coordination with onsite personnel, contractors and customers.
- Manage all maintenance and repair contracts to ensure compliance with maintenance standards, change management, and operational requirements. Confirm all vendors are qualified and adhere to our performance standards and scopes of work. Make vendor/contractor reports and propose quality improvements.
- Responsible for timely execution of data center services and maintenance such as remote hands, customer installations and service requests.
- Supervise security personnel and manage security systems including the adherence to security policies and compliance programs (as required by the Real Estate Manager)
- Act as primary technical and operational contact for data center customers – both as the technical lead and local point of escalation during emergency events and day to day operations. Develop knowledge of customer’s core business and the business function of the customer’s local datacenter operation.
- Manage technical and operational incidents at the property, including the implementation of emergency response procedures, resource coordination, customer communication, root-cause analysis and post event remediation, and make improvements to prevent repeating of incident.
- Identify trends and analyze risks to articulate implications and impact to data center operations. Track operational metrics and other data to provide Senior Management oversight and control for both snapshot data and long-term trend analysis.
- Identify process based improvements that generate operational and financial efficiencies including the development and presentation of the business case.
- Support Property Manager with the management of expenses and assist all budgeting, forecasting and reporting requirements by providing capital and expense requirements and justifications.
- Support pre-sales process, including, but not limited to, conducting sales tours and reviewing lease proposals and lease agreements to confirm compliance with our standards and local requirements.
- Support various accreditation initiatives, including, but not limited to, SSAE16, SOC2, ISO 27001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, ISO 5001, etc. as may be required by us.
- Maintain compliance with local health & safety (i.e. OSHA) standards and national electrical and building codes.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- Facility management experience in operations (or related electrical and/or mechanical engineering field) with experience save and optimal managing or leading operations teams in a scale mission critical environment. Bachelor’s degree in electrical and/or mechanical engineering preferred.
- Be a teambuilder and capable to make bridges and overcome/solve differences.
- Solid and proven experience in the construction, commissioning, acceptance and operation of mission critical systems, including electrical distribution systems, static and rotary UPS, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems
- Knowledge of structured cabling systems, networking and connectivity standards, and hardware installation requirements.
- Proficient experience in colocation operations, including the installation and deployment of cage, rack and cable infrastructure, as well as, power circuit installation and power monitoring.
- Experience working with and deploying telecom and network providers, specifically in Meet Me Room and POP room environments
- Experience managing a change control critical environment with demanding customers
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills, with demonstrated ability to determine event root causes, performance shortfalls and required corrective actions.
- Knowledge of data center standards (critical environments), policies & methodologies
- Knowledge of performance management & critical awareness methods and implementation standards
- Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Experience managing own OPEX and CAPEX budget and analyzing expenses and have experience with TCO (total Cost Ownership), and multiyear installation budgeting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel and Outlook Onedrive) and familiarity with Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), and power metering systems.
- Is member of on-call team to solve incidents in sites and installations, and also available as backup for the team in major events.
- Take lead in reporting call in (case of RED events or major incidents) with senior management team Operations and management in US HQ and reporting and incident follow up after.
Keys to Success
- Manage save Operations team, vendors and contractors on site and in premises of the site and prevent any possible accidents of damages.
- Achieve Five 9’s of Availability for all data center operations (99,999% uptime or more)
- 100% compliance with all customer SLAs
- 100% compliance with all capacity & inventory management requirements
- 100% site compliance to all standard operating procedures
- Internal & external customer communication and relationships maintained to highest standard
- 100% compliance with internal escalation protocols for all customer impacting events pursuant to our escalation standards
- 100% compliance with all health & safety standards and electrical and building codes
- 100% compliance with our critical stock & parts standards
- 100% compliance with our internal quality assurance and assessment programs as well as the various accreditation initiatives undertaken by us, including, but not limited to, SSAE16, SOC2, ISO 27001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, ISO 5001 etc.
Make an impact — You’ll enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing your efforts positively impact company growth and your professional career.
The “best of both worlds” — you’ll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 800 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization, yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth; stability and industry-leading innovation give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Unique culture — we are a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Strong foundation — our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that we will be their partner for current data centre needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner.
Green standard for sustainability — we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centres through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data centre practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centres and are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
At our company, the success of your business is our business.
Since the Company’s initial public offering in November 2004, we have been a fast-growing leader in the design, development and operation of data centres worldwide. We focus on delivering customer driven data centre solutions by providing secure, reliable and cost effective facilities that meet each customer’s unique data centre needs. Our customers include domestic and international companies across multiple industry verticals ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, health care and consumer products. Our 130 properties comprise approximately 23.8 million square feet as of September 30, 2013. our portfolio is located in 33 markets across ten countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Our global presence is supported by local experts in the markets we serve. And we stand out in the marketplace by offering innovative solutions driven by customers who see data centres not just as a technical investment, but also as a strategic platform for success.
We are a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of our company and its subsidiaries. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals