About the role
Our mobile apps are natively built by the current Engineering team using Java/Swift. They include most of the features of our platforms’ Web version, but not all of them. Your first job will be to add the missing features and to take a critical look at the current GUI/workflows and improve where needed.
For the long term, our ambition is to migrate the existing apps to a cross platform solution. You will research framework options (like React Native & Flutter) and build and demo Proof of Concepts. Then, depending on the decision that is made, start the migration process. All while making sure our current user base keeps a flawless mobile experience by implementing automatic testing and (pre-emptive) monitoring.
We are a telecommunications start-up founded in 2014 in the Netherlands. We offer a SaaS telephony platform that revolutionises the way freelancers and small businesses communicate. After 7 years of finding product market fit (over 7.500 active users), we are now transitioning to scale-up.
Our passion is designing and building great software. How? By not just doing what everyone else does; but by reinventing the wheel; because we can. Our platform is completely designed, built, and managed in-house using bleeding-edge technology. This in turn makes us flexible and scalable. Best of all: we do not have to worry about maintaining decades of legacy code.
We currently operate from a fantastic office space in Rotterdam (right next door to the central train station) with a team of 10 talented colleagues.
As a Mobile Developer, you will:
- be part of a multidisciplinary team that ships great, intuitive software
- be responsible for adding new features to our mobile apps
- take technical and functional ownership of your product
- use a data-driven approach to suggest tweaks, improvements, and optimisations
- implement a Test Driven Development approach
- research migrating the apps to a cross platform framework
For this role, we need you to have:
- +/- 4 years of experience building Android apps (Java / Kotlin)
- and/or +/- 4 years of experience building iOS apps (Swift)
- experience with REST API’s
- experience with automated testing (XCTest / Espresso)
- an interest in researching/implementing cross platform frameworks
- a good level of English (both spoken and written)
It would be nice if you have:
- a related bachelor’s degree
- experience with popular libraries/tools like RxJava & Firebase
- experience with Play Store / App Store workflows
- experience with CI/CD workflows
- experience with cross platform frameworks
We offer the following:
- A competitive salary
- A yearly budget of €750,- for self study
- 25 vacation days per year
- Free lunch
- MacBook Pro & Smartphone
- Regular team activities & travel to the Netherlands
- A chance to take ownership of your product
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Mark Karsch via the application form at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Mark for questions about the position via email@example.com.
We are always looking for the candidate that most closely matches the above profile. However, if you are not fully meeting the requirements, but still think, that we should choose you – don’t hesitate to still apply or contact us!