About the Job
The Senior Technical Operations Engineer is part of the Technical Operations team. This team consists out of 9 members, from which 2 are working in the US. The team is responsible for our server park.
As Senior member, you are responsible for the complex subjects within the department. You can identify complex issues and address them accordingly. You are the go-to-colleague for the junior members of the team and you are able to advise other departments when it comes down to technical subjects. As the Senior TechOps you will have frequent meetings with the team leader and upper management about progress of ongoing and upcoming projects. Under special circumstances or escalations, you are responsible for the coordination and completion of the tasks, including the communication towards the customer. During meetings you represent the department. You know how to talk to customers and are proactive when it comes to improving our service level. As Senior you have an exemplary role towards your colleagues.
- Executing work assignments (at the office as well as in the Rotterdam data center and locations around the world)
- Being actively involved in the delivery of small and large games and enterprise projects
- Server maintenance
- Manage IT environments
- Improve and optimize systems and processes
- Installing and deploying software, hardware and servers
- Advising customers on complex IT subjects
- Advising other departments regarding technical issues
- Addressing junior colleagues
- Bachelor level work and thinking level
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience
- Substantial knowledge in Linux and Windows server
- Knowledge of firewalls
- A proven track record in IT engineering (preferably experience with data centers)
- Experience with (server) hardware
- Confidence to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Prioritizing skills
- Work independently as well as in teams
- English and Dutch communication skills (spoken and written)
- Willingness to travel (10% work on site globally, 90% office)
- A pro-active attitude: come up with improvements and suggestions in a constructive way
What we do
Low latency is our mission! In 2002 we set out to improve online experiences for gamers. Today, we translate our hosting innovations to various industries, but gaming is still in our DNA. And as of 2019, we are part of the Ubisoft family! We build out our network presence in data centers across the globe – from Moscow to Mumbai, Amsterdam to Seattle, and everything in between – bringing content closer to the users.
Our team works hard on everything related to running our privately owned premium network, from opening new points-of-presence, setting up peering relationships, developing integral products like anti-DDoS protection, and serving our customers with expert help and advice. Finally, we play even harder, in our office gym and bar, and with our lifetime access to Ubisoft games.
What do we offer you?
- A challenging and dynamic job in an international company
- A competitive salary (depending on education, knowledge and experience)
- 25 vacation days (excluding national holidays)
- Travel allowance
- Collective pension scheme
- All the hardware and software you need to perform, including a laptop
- Career guidance including remuneration of relevant education, courses and trainings
- A modern office in a prime location with open workplaces
- Free access to the U-play environment of Ubisoft
- Free use of the in-house gym
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Judy Iping via the green button at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Judy for questions about the position via email@example.com.
Of course we are looking for the candidate who most closely matches the above profile, but are you just not fully meeting the requirements, but are you convinced that we should choose you? Then let us know!